Sunday 14 August 2016

Inbetween Days

I had started getting more and more interested in tattoo removal, I was keen for this to be gone and wanted to learn about other people's experiences. A really informative site is realself. I'm not promoting this or in anyway affiliated, I just found so much helpful information there. "Then why this blog?" you ask. Because while it's helpful, it wasn't MY experience, just a lot of good information.
One of the things I learned is that you're better off waiting longer between sessions. Most claim you should wait minimum six weeks and some up to ten weeks. I was a little worried how my next session, 22 March, was only five weeks after my previous. The way removal works is the laser breaks down the ink and your body takes time to remove it - I really need to emphasize this. The technician said he thought I was healing well and 5 weeks would be fine. I believed him, but was still apprehensive about the shorter time frame. I was also keen to get as many sessions in before July (holiday) as I could. I went ahead with the session after 5 weeks and all was fine (next page).

While reading about removal,  I learned about the picosure / picosecond laser.

Picosecond lasers are the newest tattoo removal laser. The fire in picosecond bursts and will break the ink into much smaller parts. This results in faster removal time and less sessions. However it's new and still expensive. You'll find a lot of images that claim to show complete removal after 6 sessions, I don't believe these images. I'm not trying to take away from the technology, I just don't believe that it's that perfect. In these pictures, the person is in the same place and holding their arm in the exact same position. It almost looks like it was doctored using some mysterious photo-shopping software. I don't know if there's a term for that kind of image manipulation.

I did some reading between picosecond and q-switched and decided I'd stick with the q-switched. It was far cheaper and for my tattoo, probably fine. I also like the technician who's removing my tattoo and don't really see a need to change. Picosure may be better but it's also much more expensive. While I'm becoming impatient, I have only had two sessions and this will take time. Some even claim that q-switched is better in many cases. I'll stay the course and continue as I started

No comments:

Post a Comment