Wednesday 17 August 2016

New Dawn Fades

The Night Before My First Picosure Laser Tattoo Removal


Tomorrow (18th of August) I have my first Picosure session. I'm excited, I may be disappointed. The clinic I'm going to say typically sessions are every 6 to 8 weeks. I might space this out more depending on the cost and the results. One of the things I've learned is the importance of waiting between sessions. Your body needs time to remove the ink, this is by no means an instant process. Today is 16 weeks since my last session and I'm really beginning to see a difference now. No where near as substantial as I had hoped it to be by now. If you're only starting on your removal journey, space out the sessions, give your body time to remove the ink and heal. More time healing will likely mean less sessions over all.

I took two pictures tonight, one with flash, one with out.


Q-switched laser tattoo removal picosure
Flash

This one was taken with a flash. It highlights the fading better. On the legs, body and hat you can see some freckles now.

Q-switched laser tattoo removal picosure healing
Sans-flash
 This one is taken without flash. I think it shows the true colour better than the one above.

The tattoo is still quite visible, I'm hoping 4 q-switched and 1 Picosure (with 8 to 12 weeks healing) will have a significant impact. While it still looks dark here, if I stretch the skin, even the darker bits, I can see skin colour underneath. Compared to where I was before the fourth session, I'm actually quite happy with the progress. Also, while it still looks dark, when I look back at the earlier photos, I realise how much darker it was when I started this process.

I'll try to post tomorrow evening after the session when the memory is still fresh. I'm not sure what level of dressing they'll put on it. They may bandage it up more than the studio did. We'll see tomorrow.

Textual description of firstImageUrl

No comments:

Post a Comment